Sunday, April 8, 2012

I took 3 toddlers to church on Easter

Here's how I can sum that up:  Lily sat nicely & ate her snack.  Lori climbed all over & ate her snack & then tried to get Lily to give her some of hers, Jackie alternately sat & climbed while eating & then clapped & cheered loudly after all hymns. I must mention, that i was not the lone adult on this outing.  My sister, Aunt Jackie, accompanied us on our adventure.
I don't care what you think of snacks at church.  Have you ever been to a catholic mass with even 1 child?  3 baggies of pirates booty got us through a 75 Minute mass without a meltdown - i would kiss the feet of who ever makes it.
As we were leaving, an older women said to me "you made it through".  I told here that's exactly what i say at the end of every night.

Really, I need to take my girls to church more often & try to get them used to it.. I used to go all of the time when they girls were little.  My church was 5 blocks away & i loved getting up early on Sunday morning & heading out before anybody else was up.  I loved the silent walk as the day was starting.  I loved sitting in church by myself listening to the sermon & taking a little time to reflect about my life. 
Now i don't go & I'm starting to feel it in my soul.  It's been almost a year since we moved & we changed churches.  Church is a little further away, i don't like the walk as much.  I could say i don't like the church its self as much, but that's not fair, I've never given it a chance since I've only been there on holidays with 3 wiggly kids.  I need to go by myself.  Then i need to go & bring only one of the girls with me.  I know it's not new year's day, but I'm making a resolution today:  I'm going to go to church on Sunday.   That's it, just this Sunday.  Maybe after that I'll make a new resolution, but it has to start somewhere.

Back to my girls.  Today we saw the Easter bunny.  It wasn't the first time, Actually, it was the third.  The reactions were about the same each time.  Lily looks a little nervous but is willing to get close & pose for a picture.  Lori & Jackie want nothing to do with him.  Today we took the girls on a bunny train ride.  Basically it's a 110 year old train called the pine creek railroad.  The train takes 2 looks through Allaire state park & is completely entertaining on it's own.  Today there was an extra special passenger on the train.  I didn't realize until after we took out seats at the very front of the train, that the girls were sitting with their backs to the very door the Easter bunny was going to enter through.  Here's what that looked like.











Maybe It's a little mean not too have given them a little warning, but their resilient & are all ready over it.  Mean while, here's Lily.


That kid is fearless & i love that about her. 

All in all, we had a wonderful Easter.  Combined, my girls were given 12 Easter baskets.  Did you get that TWELVE.  All variety of small toys & candy beyond their young imaginations.  Much of which they won't get to eat.  Does anyone actually give a 2 year old chewing gum?  What about small, hard candies?  It's the thought that counts & the fact that so many people think so highly of my girls makes me thankful ever day.

No comments:

Post a Comment