Monday, April 23, 2012

My life has many different points of view

Ever see one of those pictures where different people see something different?  Optical illusions.  Some people see the young women, some see the old women?  We'll that's kind of my life.  Whether your looking in from the outside, or out from the inside, the perspective changes. 

Some people see a women with triplet toddlers, supporting her family (including her parents), working full time plus, & cringe.  I hear it all the time.  "How do you do it?" 

Most days, what i see, are 3 beautiful girls, & enough family to help me take care of them & who give them amazing amounts of love.  The rest is inconsequential.   Really, can there be anything more important then that? 

I certainly have my moments or self pity & doubt.  When i think it's to hard.  Days when i just wish my life would get easier.  But they are few & far between.  Most of my negative thoughts have to do with the amount of time i spend taking care of my children.  Not so much the time i spend with them.  It's the taking care of them, the behind the scenes stuff.  Making sure they are eating the right foods, participating in the right activities.  That i am using the right cleaning products, that i have taken every measure i can take in my home to keep them safe.  That i am teaching them the things they should know at this point.  Modeling the right behavior.  And don't even get me started about the guilt i feel over using disposable diapers.

Of course there are people who watch my 3 girls, dressed alike & holding hands as they walk,  who remind me with true sincerity, just how lucky i am.  That's the point of view i have 98% of the time, & for that, i am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment