Thursday, March 22, 2012

Gender Selection

My Children were born through IVF.  That's not a secret.  I tell anyone who asks.  I never mind having a conversation about the miracle that brought me my girls.  That being said, i can get annoyed & snippy very quickly when i feel like my children are being looked at like a science experiment.  I, as much as anyone, have a high regard for medial advancements.  But are we taking it to far?

I read an article in local publication today.  It was about gender selection and was written by my reproductive doctor - the only man who's feet i would kiss if ever asked for any reason.  I was disappointed in him, even though the article was more informational then out right persuasive.  I think about having another baby, and i love the idea of adding a little boy (or 2) to our family.  Gender selection has been suggested to me once or twice by well meaning friends.  The concept actually makes me sick to my stomach. I think people have a right to do what they want with their own bodies, but for me, I can't imagine it. I can't imagine picking which children I should give birth to based on gender. 

1 comment:

  1. Sex or gender selection is really a big development is the field of science and is now very popular. Though it presents a lot of benefits, it also has some disadvantages.

    Click Here

    ReplyDelete