Wednesday, March 21, 2012

it's not nice to fool with a librarian

Want to throw of a 90 year old librarian?  Show up for story time with a different kid then the one you registered.  Ohh no, no name tag!!!  I thought maybe they didn't have any more, maybe it was an involved process, i know, she seemed so upset about it & i really didn't care if my kid had a name tag or not.  When she finally wrapped her head around the fact that we were there, name tag or not, she got another little laminated fish & wrote LORI on it.  I almost laughed out loud.  That was all it took.  She was actually really apologetic after that, i think she felt bad about being so rude in the beginning, i guess she had just never encountered triplets before.  
My girls turned 2 in December & since then, I've been trying to get them out individually for some one on one time.  While i love that they love each other & like to be together, i also recognize that they need the chance to develop individually.  Hence, story time.  It's nearby, it's free, & it's only 40 minutes.  I would have been happy to take each girl to a different time slot, but there or only 2 time slots.  My solution was to register for both & just rotate who i take.  The whole name tag thing never even crossed my mind!  Guess I'll just have to chalk this up to another parental learning experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment